Ironman

Ironman

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Like a kidney stone, 2017 has passed.

The best thing that I can say about 2017 is that it is over. The year started out with promise and ended with an appendix that needed removal and a badly strained hamstring. So with that I bid 2017 goodbye.

Unfortunately 2018 is starting off the same way 2017 ended. Luckily this cold should only keep me on the shelf for a few days but it still sucks.

People ask me why I do what I do. Run,swim,bike and so on. There are really two reasons. One is to prove to myself that I can do it. Not some macho bullshit but I have always wanted a huge challenge and this is it. It has made me look at aspects of my life that I have neglected for some time and made me make some changes for the better. Secondly, the people involved are great. I have met a lot of really awesome people that have been very helpful and supportive. I find that to be really cool.

So my goal is to make 2018 a good race year and a great year overall.



No comments: