Ironman

Ironman

Thursday, June 29, 2017

A Fresh Start

It has been a few months since I updated my blog. The first quarter of the year was going fine, my swim was still an issue but the run and bike were fine. One thing I found was that I was putting myself under a lot of stress trying to improve my swim to the point that I was just not enjoying the process anymore. In April and May the injury bug hit as well as the flu bug, I parted ways with my coach and I decided that the best thing to do was shut down and regroup. It took a little time to get back on track but starting July 1 I will be back in training for races in 2018. I decided to cancel anything that I had planned this year because I just have so little confidence in my swim. I have put together a new training plan, working with some folks that will help me get over whatever issues I have with open water and will be racing next year. I can hardly wait!

No comments: